The Golden Retriever Club of Greater St. Louis welcomes applicants for membership who share our love and passion for the Golden Retriever. Our membership is composed of pet owners, breeders, exhibitors, obedience, agility, field and tracking enthusiasts as well as trainers and AKC judges who play an active role in promoting our club and participating in the myriad of events and functions our club performs.
The core objectives of our club are:
1) To encourage the members to perfect by selective breeding, Golden Retrievers that possess the soundness, temperament, natural ability and personality that is reflected in the standard of the breed, and to do all possible to advance and promote the perfection of these qualities;
2) To urge members and breeders to accept the standard of the breed as approved by the American Kennel Club as the only standard of excellence by which the Golden Retriever shall be Judged;
3) To do all in its power to protect and advance the interests of the breed by encouraging sportsmanlike competition at dog shows, field events, obedience trials, agility trials and tracking tests, and
4) To conduct sanctioned matches, specialty shows, field events, obedience trials, agility trials and tracking tests under the rules of the American Kennel Club.
All club members, as well as applicants for membership, are expected to abide by and follow the guidelines outlined in the Golden Retriever Club of America’s Code of Ethics.
Persons interested in becoming a member are encouraged to attend a club meeting or event (see events) and introduce themselves to our membership. A membership application is available below or can be obtained from the membership Chairman Makalah Boyer. The club offers three types of annual membership as follows:
1) Regular (Individual) – $15.00 dues per year. Enjoys all club privileges including the right to vote and hold office.
2) Family – $20.00 dues per year. Enjoys all club privileges including the right to vote and hold office. A family membership shall be limited to two adult (18 years and older) members in a family, residing in the same household, each to have voting privileges and be able to hold office. Junior members (under 18 years of age) within the same family and residing in the same household, shall enjoy all the rights and privileges of the Club except the right to vote or hold office, and shall be exempt from payment of annual dues.
3) Associate – $10.00 dues per year. An associate membership is for those individuals who wish to be affiliated with the Club, but who live outside of the club’s area or will not be actively attending or participating in club meetings or functions. Associate members shall enjoy all the rights and privileges of the Club except the right to vote, hold office, or receive annual awards, and they will not count towards a quorum at club meetings.
To become a member please complete and print the Membership Application below and sign. In addition, the application form must be endorsed with the signature of two club members in good standing and accompanied by a check for dues for the coming year (If the application is received after October 1st, the dues will apply to the following calendar year.) All applications are to be filed with the Membership Chairman and will be read at the first club meeting following their receipt. The application will then be voted on at the next club meeting in which the applicant is in attendance of. Applicants will be elected into membership if they receive affirmative votes of 3/4 of the members present.
Membership Application (in Fillable pdf format)
Fill out online and print